Saturday, January 20, 2018

Take a Walk

I have been sick for the last two weeks, and my cough has been insane! I am on steroids, antibiotics, an inhaler and lots of cough syrup, I am exhausted, but I made a commitment to getting outside and walking more. I love being outside and walking amongst the trees and feeling the warm sun on me, it is so healing and so meditative for me. So even though I feel like crap and it is hard to breathe my daughter and I met my friend in Truckee and we took a walk near Donner Lake. It was so beautiful, chilly at 32 degrees, but the sun was out and the trees were covered in snow, it was breathtaking. And I think it did my lungs some good. This year, the year of goals for me, I am trying to spend less and spend more time outside. Even on days that I can't walk too far or for too long just getting out feels so good. Little by little this cough will go away, and little by little I will walk farther and longer. Taking baby steps every day to be the best version of me. Get outside, be with nature, feel the earth beneath your feet, feel the cool air on your skin, the warmth of the sun - so healing! What are you doing to get back to you? Namaste :)


No comments:

Post a Comment