Thursday, October 15, 2015

Grateful for Kindness

This morning on my way to work I saw a homeless man walking along the street. He was cold, he had a limp, his clothes were tattered and his shoes were way too big with holes in them. As I drove by I realized I had nothing to offer him. In that moment I consciously sent love to him and my eyes filled with tears. He looked up for a second and gave me a smile, in turn I smiled back and put my hand to my heart. In that moment a million things came flooding in to my mind. I felt his pain and his feeling of deep loss, I don't know what loss but there was great pain and loss. I felt gratitude, immense gratitude for the life I have, for the love I have and for the comforts I take for granted. I looked at my shoes and I was immensely grateful for them. They fit, they are comfortable and I chose them because I liked them. I took a moment to thank the divine source for all that I have in my life. Mostly for my mental health and for the comforts of life I so often take for granted. I also sent my gratitude for the smile this man gave me. For the exchange of kindness and love between us. The synchronistic part of all of this is that I just spoke with a friend the day before about organizing a drive for the homeless. This was the message from the universe that kindness, no matter how small matters. I hope that each person who reads this today takes a moment to be thankful for the things we are blessed with. Look at your shoes, be grateful. Feel your clothes, be grateful. Be grateful for the ability to shower in warm, clean water each day. Be thankful for everything today, and radiate love and kindness. Namaste :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post cristina. Yes sometimes we take things for granted not realising how blessed we are. It hurts me sometimes to see how some people have opportunities and they waste it away and people who really need those opportunities are unable to get them.
    Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete