Saturday, August 16, 2014

Choosing Your Thoughts

I was listening to an audio book this morning and there was a reminder that we are able to choose our thoughts. I have been thinking about this all afternoon, and it has really been a reminder that I am in control of my thoughts. As the loving Louise Hay says, "It is only a thought and a thought can be changed". This statement resonates with me, and reminded me that every worry, every stress, every anxiety is a thought. We have the power to choose our thoughts, as conscious human beings. Today I chose to be happy. So throughout the day I have said over and over in my head, "I am happy, and my thoughts are happy thoughts". The power we have is immeasurable, our lives are infinitely capable of all that is good. 


Making the conscious choice to think happy and good thoughts is so healthy, you can change the way you think in an instant. Any time a negative feeling or thought comes up, be aware of it and lovingly say this is a thought and this thought no longer serves me so I release it. Release it with love and then replace it with a happy thought. Start building the life you dream of with your next thought. Other thoughts will come, and be loving to them and then release them. When you do that you are kinder to yourself which makes it easier to let go. I listened to a book by Pema Chodron and she talked about practicing something called Maitri. Maitri is a word or practice in Buddhism that can be translated as having unconditional kindness/friendship for oneself. I loved this so much that I have a tattoo of it as a reminder to be kind to myself. Why is this important you might ask? When you have unconditional kindness for yourself, you can then share that kindness with all others. Be kind to yourself, love yourself and share that love with the world, everyone needs it. Being kind to yourself includes being kind when you have negative thoughts come up, don't beat yourself up over it, just choose a different thought, and release that thought with love. Imagery is so incredibly important, so imagine releasing that thought like releasing a bird from your hands and letting it free. Take a moment and look at yourself in the mirror, tell yourself that you love yourself. Loving yourself allows you to love others, and the world can use so much more love. Namaste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment