Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Depression & The Decision to Change

Depression has left me in the darkest of places once in my life, and my heart goes out to people who suffer from this disease. This blog is a direct cause from me suffering through situational depression once in my life. It led me to the depths of despair with the feeling that there was no other way to deal with life other than to end it. As I read about the sad ending of Robin Williams life, I can't help but to feel that pain deep within me. It is something that so many go through and so many of the people I have loved have gone through or are currently going through. Through my personal experience I was driven to get my degree in counseling, which I am close to achieving. 

What I want to talk about in this blog is hope. There is hope in every situation, and sometimes our depression takes over so much that we no longer see this hope. Find support, find someone to talk to. Most of all, start telling a different story. I remember first listening to Louise Hay, and she said "when the student is ready the teacher will appear". It felt as if she was talking directly to me. It was the start of my new story, my story that I was in control of my thoughts, my feelings and ultimately my life. How did I choose to live life? This was the question that would take work and time to answer. My message is this - you are worth it! You are worth living the most joyous and peaceful life you could imagine, and even more. You are lovable because you exist - nothing more is needed, you are here and you are loved. 

How do you start telling a different story? Start listening and talking completely different than what you are currently doing. Start reading or listening to audio books. Immerse yourself in positive thinking and listening to positive talk. Some suggestions to start with - Louise Hay, You Can Heal Your Life. Anita Moorjani - Dying To Be Me. Alex Woodard - For The Sender. Abraham Hicks - The Law of Attraction. Search healing with your mind in google, I am sure you will find so much. Start today, tell yourself that today you have made the decision to take over your life and your thoughts. At first it feels odd, and it feels disingenuous, but eventually it becomes who you are and how you live. Soon you will start replacing the doubt and overwhelming darkness with the brightest and most hopeful of light. And eventually you will believe that you are deserving of all that is good, and then you will have all that is good. Healing begins within, and you are so lovable and so magnificent simply because you exist. You are worth it, and it may sound too easy, or too hard but you must start telling a different story. Take control of your life - TODAY! Let's not waste another moment of this brilliant and beautiful life we were brought here to live. My heart and my soul are with each one of you, whether you read this or not. I feel so much love and so much empathy, I have been there and now I am here creating the most love and beauty I possibly can. We are lucky to have this day, and this life. I love you - Namaste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment