Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Helping Others

I am currently reading Live to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza, it is heart wrenching and yet full of hope. She is a survivor of the genocide in Rwanda. If you haven't read it, I do highly recommend it. I am about half way through the book and I find myself wondering how people who have suffered through such hatred and such destruction find peace and forgiveness for others. A quote from her speaks volumes: "“Never refuse any who ask you for help; if your pockets are empty, give them hope. Your every action must be born of kindness, your every word spoken with love. Live as God would have you live, and others will be inspired to do the same.” 
 
This really resonated with me today, and reminds me that we are here to live our best lives, and with that we can offer to help others when they ask for it, or when they need it. I am getting in to the field of therapy because I want to help others live to their highest potential, and offer hope in dark times. But this reminds me to be kind every day doing small things, or just offering a kind gesture to others through a smile. Listening to someone when they need someone to talk to, offering a meal, or a hand to hold. There are so many small things we can do that can help others have hope, that can help others feel supported, and sometimes we can help others from feeling lonely. Share your kindness with others, share your love and do all things from a kind heart. Namaste :) 
I have compassion for others and for myself. 
I radiate love to all others.
I forgive those that need forgiveness.
I am at peace within.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment